This story was originally posted on February 2, 2015 by Jose Cuevas.
Power Rangers actor Ricardo Medina, Jr. (Cole from Wild Force, Deker from Samurai) was arrested on Saturday in Palmdale, California. We waited a little while for the facts to roll in, but here’s what we do know about the situation:
- The incident occurred shortly before 4:00 PM on Saturday, January 31st.
- The victim was Joshua Sutter. Sutter was Medina’s roommate.
- Sutter and Medina were involved in an argument which became an altercation. Medina subsequently retreated to a bedroom with his girlfriend, but Sutter forced the door open. Medina then allegedly stabbed Sutter with a sword kept near the bedroom door.
- Medina called 911 and waited at the scene, where he was interviewed by Homicide Detectives.
- Medina is presently detained by the Palmdale Police Department in lieu of one million dollars bail.
No charges will be filed against Medina and the District Attorney has requested further investigation from the LA Sheriff’s Department. Medina is expected to be released.
We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
Medina has been charged with one count of murder by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. If convicted, he could spend up to 26 years in prison. According to Variety, Medina is set to be arraigned Tuesday at the Antelope Valley Branch of the Los Angeles County Superior Court. Prosecutors will ask that bail be set at $1 million.